On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Dutchdude <pimkanteb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just subcribed to maillinglist to comment that there is probably some
> misunderstanding about the Elgato EyeTV One: It is not a Mac-only product, it
> is
> also on the market for Windows. In the Netherlands, Elgato EyeTV One is the
> only
> product available for receiving TV Channels that are not free to air.
>
> In the Netherlands, only the national public television channels Nederland 1,
> Nederland 2, Nederland 3 and a regional public television channels are made
> available free-to-air. DVB-T transmissions in the Netherlands are provided
> commercially by KPN daughter company Digitenne. They offer 25 TV channels and
> 16
> radio channels (which is growing).
>
> In order to receive the TV channels that are not free to air, a smartcard is
> needed. IMHO, Elgato EyeTV One is the only product on the Dutch market that is
> compatible with this smartcard.

Bear in mind that this may not actually be the same product.  Many of
these vendors release multiple products with the same name.  Hence the
"EyeTV One" sold in the Netherlands may be different than the one that
started this thread.  This is especially likely since your product has
a smartcard reader (and I don't think Tim's product does).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com