Hi Laurent,

Thank you for your help, see my notes below:

Laurent Pinchart wrote onĀ 2013-01-30:

>> Will result in the following and the following (screen flickers and
>> goes black again): [ 5293.617095] omapdss DISPC error: FIFO UNDERFLOW
>> on gfx, disabling the overlay [ 5293.678283] omapdss DISPC error: FIFO
>> UNDERFLOW on vid2, disabling the overlay
>>
>> Output of mediactl -p while streaming:
>> http://pastebin.com/d9zDfKXu
>>
>> OMAPDSS-config:
>> http://pastebin.com/JjF0CcCS
>>
>> Now my questions:
>> Is this behaviour expected?
>
> I don't think so. I'm not an expert on the OMAP DSS, but I wouldn't consider
> the above messages as normal.

Just as a note: This does not happen, if I disable the fb0 upon start of the
streamer.
My DSS config before the streamer start:

fb0 --- gfx --- lcd --- LCD
fb1 --- vid1 -/
        vid2 /

with the overlay vid1 and used as the colorkey in your streamer application.
vid2 is directly used from within the streamer app for the ISP-output (at least
I think so ;)). Everything is connected to the lcd-manager and outputted
to a physical attached LCD.

My DSS config when streamer is running:

fb0     gfx --- lcd --- LCD
fb1 --- vid1 -/
        vid2 /

With this workaround the streamer will continue streaming after a blank/unblank.

> As buffers
> will stop flowing until the screen is unblanked, the live application
> will exit after a short select() timeout. This is an application issue.

If the AF/AEWB unit is enabled, the timeout doesn't happen as the
H3A-unit delivers still OMAP3_ISP_EVENT_EXCEPTION events.

> It doesn't explain the omapdss error, Tomi might be able to provide more
> information about that (but he is currently away until beginning of
> February if I'm not mistaken).

That would be very nice!

Regards,
Florian