On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 19:30 -0500, Joseph Yasi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure the appropriate list to email for this, but the
> v4l-cx23885-enc.fw file in the linux-firmware.git tree is incorrect.
> It is the wrong size and just a duplicate of the
> v4l-cx23885-avcore-01.fw. The correct file can be extracted from the
> HVR1800 drivers here: http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr1800/.

This was previously requested
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/57816>
but unfortunately it's not clear that it would be legal to redistribute
firmware extracted from that driver (or the driver itself).

For now, I think we should delete the current version.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Absolutum obsoletum. (If it works, it's out of date.) - Stafford Beer