Hi Mauro,

For floating point issue, we have not encountered such issue while integrating
various codec (currently H264, MPEG4, VP8 of both Google G1 IP & ST IPs), could
you precise which codec you experienced which required FP support ?

For user-space library, problem we encountered is that interface between
parsing side (for ex. H264 SPS/PPS decoding, slice header decoding, references
frame list management, ...moreover all that is needed to prepare hardware IPs
call) and decoder side (hardware IPs handling) is not standardized and differs
largely regarding IPs or CPU/copro partitioning.
This means that even if we use the standard V4L2 capture interface to inject
video bitstream (H264 access units for ex), some proprietary meta are needed to
be attached to each buffers, making de facto "un-standard" the V4L2 interface
for this driver.
Exynos S5P MFC is not attaching any meta to capture input buffers, keeping a
standard video bitstream injection interface (what is output naturally by
well-known standard demuxers such as gstreamer ones or Android Stagefright
ones).
This is the way we want to go, we will so keep hardware details at kernel
driver side.
On the other hand, this simplify drastically the integration of our video
drivers on user-land multimedia middleware, reducing the time to market and
support needed when reaching our end-customers. Our target is to create a
unified gstreamer V4L2 decoder(encoder) plugin and a unified OMX V4L2
decoder(encoder) to fit Android, based on a single V4L2 M2M API whatever
hardware IP is.

About mini summit, Benjamin and I are checking internally how to attend to
discuss this topic. We think that about half a day is needed to discuss this,
we can so share our code and discuss about other codebase you know dealing with
video codecs.

Best regards,
Hugues.