On 11.02.2014 22:32, Malcolm Priestley wrote:
On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 19:42 +0200, Antti Palosaari wrote:
Moikka Malcolm!
Thanks for the patch serie.

You removed all IDs from it913x driver. There is possibility to just
remove / comment out:
        MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(usb, it913x_id_table);
which prevents loading that driver automatically, but leaves possibility
to load it manually if user wants to fallback. I am fine either way you
decide to do it, just a propose.
Hi Antti

I am going post a patches to remove it.

The only reason why an user would want to fall back is
the use dvb-usb-it9137-01.fw firmware with USB_VID_KWORLD_2.

I left the USB_VID_KWORLD_2 ids in the driver.

I haven't found any issues with dvb-usb-it9135-01.fw

USB_VID_KWORLD_2 users could have trouble updating older kernels via
media_build.

Perhaps there should be a warning message in af9035 that users need to
change firmware.

Is that KẂorld device dual model (I guess yes, because of it9137)? Is it version 1 (AX) or version 2 (BX) chip?

If it is dual with version 1 chips, it is similar than that:
http://blog.palosaari.fi/2013/06/naked-hardware-9-terratec-cinergy-t.html

I suspect firmware is same for both it9135 or it9137 and only difference between chips is pins to connect slave demodulator.

Maybe difference is just firmware version and it is likely older (as I extracted one it9135 ver. 1 fw from latest windows driver). Have to check that.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/