Hi Bryan,

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, Bryan Wu wrote:

> Thanks Josh, I think I will take you point and rework my patch again.
> But I need Guennadi's review firstly, Guennadi, could you please help
> to review it?

Ok, let me double check the situation:

1. We've got this patch from you, aiming at adding OF probing support to
soc-camra

2. We've got an alternative patch from Ben to do the same, his last reply
to a comment to his patch was "Thanks, I will look into this."

3. We've got Ben's patches for rcar-vin, that presumably work with his
patch from (2) above

4. We've got Josh's patches to add OF / async probing to atmel-isi and
ov2640, that are not known to work with either (1) or (2) above, so, they
don't work at all, right?

So, to summarise, there is a core patch from Ben, that he possibly wants
to adjust, and that works with his rcar-vin OF, there is a patch from you
that isn't known to work with any driver, and there are patches from Josh,
that don't work, because there isn't a suitable patch available for them.
I will have a look at your and Ben's soc-camera OF patches to compare them
and compare them with my early code (hopefully this coming weekend), but
so far it looks like only Ben's solution has a complete working stack. Am
I missing something?

Thanks
Guennadi
---