Laurent Pinchart wrote:
On Thursday 10 April 2014 21:58:41 Sakari Ailus wrote:
Laurent Pinchart wrote:
Hi Sakari,

Thank you for the patch.

Given that the timestamp type and source are not supposed to change during
streaming, do we really need to print them for every frame ?

When processing frames from memory to memory (COPY timestamp type), the
it is entirely possible that the timestamp source changes as the flags
are copied from the OUTPUT buffer to the CAPTURE buffer.

It's possible, but is it allowed by the V4L2 API ?

The spec states that:

"The V4L2_BUF_FLAG_TIMESTAMP_COPY timestamp type which is used by e.g. on mem-to-mem devices is an exception to the rule: the timestamp source flags are copied from the OUTPUT video buffer to the CAPTURE video buffer."

These patches do not support it but it is allowed.

One option would be to print the source on every frame only when the
type is COPY. For a program like yavta this might be overly
sophisticated IMO. :-)

My concern is that this makes the lines output by yavta pretty long.

True as well. I could remove "type/src " from the timestamp source information. That's mostly redundant anyway. Then we shouldn't exceed 80 characters per line that easily anymore.

Could this be the time to add a "verbose" option? :-)

Sakari Ailus
sakari.ai...@iki.fi