On Mon, 17 Nov 2014, Michael Holzer wrote:

I'd see merit to show the supported chips explicitly as otherwise users
may be confused if a new unsupported chip  (lets assume Si2159)
appears and the message is generic as proposed "Si215x".
To get clarity for this case source code reading would be required.

Well, the user of a Si2159 would never see the printout as the driver would not be loaded for a Si2159 user. I'd say just print something like "Si215x/Si216x Silicon Tuner" in the printouts and list all the chips in the source code. But that's not something that needs to be fixed now anyway, we can do that later.

Crazycat, do you think you could change the firmware loading for Si2148 as discussed here though and send a new patch?

Cheers,
-olli