> If the GPIOs aren't truly resetting the SI2168 and thus a warm boot
> didn't flush the firmware, I suspect dropping the patches would have
> no immediate effect until a full power-down took place. I'm wondering
> whether the testing was invalid and indeed we have a problem in the
> field, as well as a GPIO issue. Two potential issues.
>
> I'll schedule sometime later this week to fire up my HVR22xx dev
> platform and re-validate the 2205.

For the record, here's what happened.

1. The GPIO is working correctly, I've validated this with a meter.
This wasn't a warm vs cold boot issue, or in any way Windows related.
2. I have multiple HVR22x5 cards. a HVR2205 and a HVR2215. The HVR2215
I obtained much later after prompting my Olli, it has a newer build
date stamped on the demodulators and reports a newer chip version.
These newer demods are not recognized by the current tip, the prior
ones are.

The solution was to patch the SI2168 to recognize the newer demodulator version.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com