Hi Devin

On 31/08/15 19:07, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
Hi Malcolm,

The capabilities call interacting with the oneshot setting is rather weird
and maybe unexpected.

No, because in normal mode it can do auto inversion.

If the goal was for the software-emulated auto inversion to be
transparent to userland, perhaps it makes more sense for the oneshot
mode to toggle the inversion if needed.  The oneshot mode would
continue to disable zigzag and the stats monitoring.  I realize that
this is a bit messy since it won't really be "oneshot", but I don't
know what else can be done without breaking the ABI.

I did think flagging INVERSION_AUTO to INVERSION_OFF on frontends
not supporting inversion in oneshot mode.

But it's still messy, as INVERSION_AUTO is need for emulation to work.

Regards

Malcolm