On 1 November 2010 08:27, Ohad Ben-Cohen <o...@wizery.com> wrote:
>> On such boards, the right thing to do would be to disable runtime PM
>> altogether.
>
> The patch below (/attached) should trivially fix the problem - can you
> please check it out ?

Thanks.
It solves the problem.

But, what you point out is quite interesting.
We currently have a (not-yet-upstream) rfkill driver for the XO-1.5,
which we also put in place for power saving reasons. It operates by
calling mmc_stop_host(). In light of your work, I guess that wasn't
really turning off the card.

So, it would be great if you could get runtime PM working on this
combo, and then later we could make a real rfkill driver.

I guess you have an XO-1.5 now. I'm happy to help you get started, I
guess this is your first time working with an XO. Drop by irc.oftc.net
#olpc-devel and I'll happily help you get started booting your own
kernel etc.

Thanks!
Daniel