Hi guys,

I have recently added PM support for my driver but I don't have the
behavior I was expecting. I am wondering if I didn't do something wrong.

I have implemented runtime_suspend in a very simple way, I call
sdhci_runtime_suspend_host() and I disable the clocks. It works pretty
well with the eMMC which is non removable but with a SD card... If I
have my SD card present on boot time, it is detected but
insertion/removal is not detected.

Having a look to sdhci_runtime_suspend_host() internal, all the
interruptions are disabled expecting the card interrupt if it has been
set earlier.

>From my understanding, it means that if there is no activity on sdhci,
we will go to suspend and then we could wake up only on a software event
(or a sdio interrupt). How to manage card insertion/removal in this
case? My problem is so huge, I have probably missed something...

Moreover, to avoid system PM, I have used pm_runtime_force_suspend but I
could not wake up on card insertion/removal too. Do I have to use system
PM if I want to manage this case?

Thanks for your advices.

Regards

Ludovic