On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:

> Yes! $_layout = "us" solves it. But I never needed this before. The conf
> file says that "auto" tries to generate the table from the current Linux
> console settings. Where exactly does it look? Apparently there is
> something wrong with my present console settings.

Maybe, but there were two others with keyboard problems as well. Maybe
it depends on unicode_stop or unicode_start on the console, but that
doesn't appear to be the case for me (I can't reproduce it).

Please try the following with $_layout="auto":
Change the two #if 0's before pretty_keysym and printf in
src/plugin/kbd_unicode/keymaps.c to #if 1 and recompile. Then please
report what's printed to stdout.

Bart