On 5/30/07, Frank Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One more minor issue.  This doesn't appear to be an actual problem, at least
not for what I'm trying to run at the moment.

However, when I first crank up dosemu, I get the message

UMB's unavailable!
dosemu XMS 3.0 driver installed.
dosemu EMS 4.0 driver installed.

This is using the "stock" config.sys file that comes with dosemu.

So... who stole the UMB's?

UMB's are not available until you load ems.sys. This is to allow the
use of real DOS XMS drivers such as himem.sys which would otherwise
complain that an XMS driver is already present.

Change the first devicehigh to device to get rid of the message.
Browse
http://dosemu.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dosemu/trunk/dist/
to see what config.sys and autoexec.bat will look like in the next
version (you can use them with 1.4.0 too).

Bart