I'm not sure if this has been addressed in the mailing list yet, so
I'll ask anyway.  Please excuse my ignorance if it has.

I use DOSEMU 1.4.0 with COM1 as a virtual port (i.e. $_com1 =
"virtual").  This redirects all output that DOSEMU writes to the pty
to DOS's COM1.  It works really well for my application: a telnet BBS.
I've been using this method to get an old Telegard BBS to work over
telnet.

The only hitch is Zmodem transfers (or any binary transfer, for that
matter).  The downloads work fine (albiet slow, usually around 4 - 5
kbps).  Uploads do not work at all.  Whenever I attempt to initiate an
upload, DOSEMU tries to interpret the binary input.

It usually ends up with DOSEMU receiving a binary sequence that it
interprets to be a 'freeze' command or 'shutdown' command.  If I use
Zmodem to upload a small text file, it usually works (under 1024 bytes
or so).

Is there anyway to have DOSEMU not interpret the data input as when
using the "virtual" COM port setting?  I realize that this might not
be a feature that people want, especially if they're using DOSEMU over
an SSH link or something similar (you'd still want access to
ctrl-alt-pgdn and the like).

If there's no plans to provide a solution like this, perhaps I'll
start working on one. :)  Thanks in advance for any insight people
reading this might have.

--
Joe Ripley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]