28.10.2007

Hi,

How can I find somebody that can help me set DOSEMU so that it works for me.
I am willing to pay for the service.

This is my situation:

I have installed DOSEMU 1.4.0 from RPM.
I want to use it with an extended textmode of 132 rows and 43 or 44 columns.
This does not seem to work in a x-window.
So I tried  dosemu -s as root from the console for direct hardware access. I
get the following error messages:

     ERROR: term support not compiled in or not found:
     ERROR: /usr/local/lib/dosemu/libplugin_term.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
     ERROR: Terminal (S-Lang library) support not compiled in.
     Install slang-devel and recompile, use xdosemu or console dosemu (needs
root) instead.

I also tried this from a terminal window:
     sudo dosemu -s
and got this
     Dropping root privileges: guest or a restricted user not on console.
     can't create local /root/.dosemu directory
     can't create local /root/.dosemu/run directory
     can't open "/root/.dosemu/boot.log" for writing

I am in Frankfurt in Germany.

Thank you.

Harry Wyrobnik