John Sigler wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have several systems with three integrated Intel 82559 (I *think*).

Does someone know if these boards support hardware interrupt mitigation?

82558/9 hardware does, sort of. But the e100 driver doesn't use it because it uses NAPI to minimize rx & tx interrupts.

I.e. is it possible to configure them to raise an IRQ only if their
hardware buffer is full OR if some given time (say 1 ms) has passed and
packets are available in their hardware buffer.

I've been using the eepro100 driver up to now, but I'm about to try the
e100 driver. Would I have to use NAPI? Or is this an orthogonal feature?

Use NAPI. The e100 driver has been NAPI-only for a while.

--
James Chapman
Katalix Systems Ltd

-