Hi,I'm working on some server/client application,and I have encountered some
problems with
TCP_NODELAY (disabling the Nagle algorithm).if I disable the Nagle algorithm
(TCP_NODELAY) and I
try to send 4 byte in TCP packets (in a loop) for instance, some packets still
wait until reached
the MSS (my case 1440 bytes) and only after that are sent to the destination,
why is this ? If the
Nagle algorithm is enabled (by default) all works fine, packets are sent after
the MSS is reached,
but when Nagle algorithm is disabled the first 2 packets are sent with 4 bytes
of data (in this
case) after that about 6 packets with maximum capacity (MMS) after that another
3 packets with 4
bytes . . .  and so  on the  process repeats.Why is  this  ? Because If I
disable the Neagle
algorithm (with TCP_NODELAY) in a normal situation all sent packets should go
out with the
specified data size (I'm using a 2.6.22 kernel)