The recent thread on KDE not working prompts me to ask a question; I
apologize in advance for its probably quasi-theological nature:

        Which is the better: KDE or Gnome ?

Does one have strengths in some areas and the other in other aereas ?

my distro (Mandrake 7.0) comes with both, and installs KDE by default.
I only noticed Gnome when it came up once after a failed re-installation  ;-)

Renaud OLGIATI                               No act of kindness,
Cerro Cora 3662                             no matter how small,
Asuncion (Paraguay)             ever goes completely unpunished.