In the course of migrating from another OS/GUI to Linux, I have just
re-written in gawk a short program I had before to generate at each
boot-up a new sig-file for my email.

Thie gawk script works fine, and I have tried to invoke it from
/etc/profile thinking it would thus run at start-up.

Wrong, it only runs if I open a console (ctrl-alt-F1) and log in there.

Where should I call it from ? Is there a file that is run whenever
Linux (or KDE) is started ?

TIA,

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.

--

                       Beware of bugs in the above code;
                  I have only proved it correct, not tried it.

              ---  http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati  ---