On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Actually the easier way would be to install it over NFS if you have
> network cards for both machines all you do is edit /etc/exports and make
> sure nfsd is running

Very true, O KIng, but the laptop is entirely devoid of any form of network
card; hence my interest in serial / parallel networking !

My next line of research will be how to get slip / plip working at boot
time wwith a minimum of floppies  ;-(

Cheers,

 Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.

--

                       A conscience does not prevent sin.
                     It only prevents you from enjoying it.

              ---  http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati  ---