/proc/interrupts does NOT list all supported interrupts. It just lists the
ones that have actually been used. If the lack of a listing here is the ONLY
reason why you think your Linux kernel is not supporting the second serial
port, then you are probably mistaken.

If you have some other reason for believing that ... like you actually tried
to access the unidentified "piece of hardware" on the second serial port and
failed ... please describe in more detail what the hardware is, how you
tried to access it, and what went wrong. Maybe we can help, but not if we
don't know what the actual problem is.

In any case, a linx kernel may or may not have serial-device support
installed (either compiled in or insmod'ed). But it isn't selective.