On Thu, 10 Aug 2000,  Richard Spencer wrote about,  changing dists (was broken C++
compiler):
> * Richard Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [000810 03:10]:
> > On Wed, 09 Aug 2000,  Richard Spencer wrote about,  Re: broken C++ compiler:
> > If you installed slackware the "adviseable" way, install everything, just
> > under one gig, then there should be no problems at all with any compiler.
>
> That's exactly what I did!

Then you should have no problems anywhere.

> I've tried once before to get Slackware rolling, and I'm still
> new enough to Linux that I don't REALLY know which files are
> 'portable.' In other words, I spent a lot of time getting
> RH the way I like it. Any advice as to what I can do to make the
> transition easier, vis a vis directories to tar, hw specific
> config files I might need, and so on.

The system confighration files are in /etc/rc.d
Slackware starts like any other system, /etc/inittab
Check that file, it tells you what other files are for.

The most freq, asked question is eth0 thats defined in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]