On Mon, 14 Aug 2000,  Marc Mutz wrote about,  Re: Accessing CR-RW:

>       /path/to/cdimage.iso

> device and the SCSI LUN (almost always =0) of the cd-burner device. if
> you have no SCSI burner, you have to load the ide-to-scsi emulation
> layer (anyone knows the modules names?) and then a new SCSI bus will pop
> up in /proc/scsi/scsi

ide-scsi.o

However the need for other modules namley;

sd.o
sg.o
scsi_mod.o

May also arise depening on different things, one possably way to have them
loaded automaticly is have the following in /etc/modules.conf or
/etc/conf.modules.

alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi

I had some problems when i used older versions of xcdroast, what i had to
do was unload all the ide cdrom stuff before starting xcdraost.

I had a simple script run as root to do it for me.

#!/bin/sh

rmmod ide-cd
rmmod cdrom
modprobe ide-scsi

Possably another thing worth mentioning is, If one has a scsi hard disk,
and scsi-ide compiled into the kernel there should be no problems at all as
the scsi driver takes over the ide side of things.
At bootime the cdrom(s) will get detected as scsi devices even tho' they
are ATAPI IDE CDroms.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]