Hello NFS List,

I've been trying to set up some linux clients to work with a Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) server. So far I've made some good progress, but run into a few problems with Kerberized NFS. I have the ssh server on the linux client fully kerberized with ticket forwarding. I also have the users' home directories mounting from the mac server with autofs with sec=krb5. Users can log in, see their files, and everything seems to work great.

The problem is that in syslog I get these errors repeatedly...
Feb 5 17:31:39 myclient.domain.com rpc.gssd[8137]: WARNING: Failed to create krb5 context for user with uid 0 with any credentials cache for server myserver.domain.com Feb 5 17:31:39 myclient.domain.com rpc.gssd[8137]: Failed to write error downcall!

It seems that whenever root wants to look at the mounted filesystem (when running df, for example), it doesn't have permission. Now I know that it's supposed to use machine credentials, and that it currently only works with "des-cbc-crc:normal". I wasn't sure if that applied to the server's nfs principal as well, but I did it just to be safe. Here's what I've got in the keytabs...

Client keytab:
   3 nfs/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)
8 host/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1)
   8 host/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)
   8 host/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)

Server keytab:
3 host/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Triple DES cbc mode with HMAC/sha1)
   3 host/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)
   3 host/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)
   4 nfs/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (DES cbc mode with CRC-32)

I also recreated the principals on the KDC, and specified only the one key type (des-cbc-crc:normal). Again, not sure if that was necessary or not.

I can run rpc.gssd with the -n flag, and the error output changes to this...

# rpc.gssd -f -n
ERROR: GSS-API: error in gss_acquire_cred(): Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information - Unknown code krb5 195 WARNING: Failed to create krb5 context for user with uid 0 for server myserver.domain.com
Failed to write error downcall!

If I crank up the verbosity of the output, I get this:

# rpc.gssd -f -vvv
handling krb5 upcall
Full hostname for 'myserver.domain.com' is 'myserver.domain.com'
Full hostname for 'myclient.domain.com' is 'myclient.domain.com'
Key table entry not found while getting keytab entry for 'root/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Success getting keytab entry for 'nfs/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Successfully obtained machine credentials for principal 'nfs/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]' stored in ccache 'FILE:/tmp/ krb5cc_machine_DOMAIN.COM' INFO: Credentials in CC 'FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_machine_DOMAIN.COM' are good until 1202297948 using FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_machine_DOMAIN.COM as credentials cache for machine creds using environment variable to select krb5 ccache FILE:/tmp/ krb5cc_machine_DOMAIN.COM
creating context using fsuid 0 (save_uid 0)
creating tcp client for server myserver.domain.com
creating context with server [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WARNING: Failed to create krb5 context for user with uid 0 for server myserver.domain.com WARNING: Failed to create krb5 context for user with uid 0 with credentials cache FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_machine_DOMAIN.COM for server myserver.domain.com WARNING: Failed to create krb5 context for user with uid 0 with any credentials cache for server myserver.domain.com
doing error downcall
Failed to write error downcall!

Can anybody give me any hints or suggestions?

Thanks,
Luke

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error
please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying,
distributing or disclosing the same.

-