Hi David,
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:35:00 +0100, David Arendt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just for completeness, here is a re-post of the complete patch using
> cleanerd->c_running instead of local variable "sleeping".
>
> Bye,
> David Arendt

Sorry for my late response.

I'm planning to apply your patch.

The patch looks reducible some more, for example, the preparation:

> +       if (cleanerd->c_config.cf_min_clean_segments > 0) {
> +               syslog(LOG_INFO, "cleaner paused");
> +               cleanerd->c_running = 0;
> +               timeout.tv_sec = cleanerd->c_config.cf_clean_check_interval;
> +               timeout.tv_nsec = 0;
> +       }
> +       else
> +         cleanerd->c_running = 1;
> +

can be simplified as follows:

        if (cleanerd->c_config.cf_min_clean_segments == 0)
                cleanerd->c_running = 1;

And, the status control using cleanerd->c_running seems to have room
for improvement.  Except for these trivial matters, your change looks
simple but effective, and is flawlessly keeping compatibility.

If you have a revised patch, please send me for merge.  Also, I would
appreciate it if you could write some changelog description.

Thank you in advance,
Ryusuke Konishi