Hello all,

For omap4, I wonder how should emif be handled when suspending the entire SoC.

In playing with Robert Nelson's 4.2 kernel tree [1], I noticed that
the suspend seems broken: the kernel, in the suspend_noirq phase,
tries to disable the emif hwmod by calling omap_device_idle(); the
board thus hangs. It appears to me that the DDR shouldn't be disabled
at this moment or it needs special treatment -- in comparison, the
AM35xx kernel switches its execution to on-chip SRAM before turning
off the emif.

I tried to examine earlier kernels (3.2, 3.4) for omap4 to see how
emif is power-managed. However I didn't see much useful information.

Any help is appreciated.

1. https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/PandaBoard

Best,
Renju