Hi,

On 19/12/15 22:41, Adam Ford wrote:
> Tomi,
>
> Do you have any thought on how to approach adding sleep/delay
> functions?  I have a display that requires a small delay before and
> after the enable gpio toggle.  I assume that some may require a delay
> after the regulator starts for it to be be ready.  For now I have a
> temp hack that just inserts a blanket 300mS wait, but I'd rather have
> something mainstreamed in the device tree, but I don't want to walk
> over someone else's work either.

I don't think it makes sense to add explicit entries for these, as we'd
just end up with lots of entries in the DT files for "wait-before-vcc",
"wait-after-vcc", etc.

There was a patch series some time ago, trying to add generic power
up/down sequences defined in DT. I don't think that ever got merged, as
there wasn't a consensus on the DT side. I can't find the series right
now, as I don't remember the author or the subject...

I think that kind of generic sequence framework would make sense, and
getting it merged without the DT side should be easier. Then the drivers
could have built-in sequences for certain panels.

 Tomi