hello, again

I think what we are trying to say is that some of us are working on debugging
kernels that are meant to run "forever"  and therefor it is a good thing to
spent some time thinking about a kind of kernel release in the 2.6 series that
can be considered as stable.

Besides what you say is correct but you can not provide argument for a stable
software in the terms of what you are writing. because if you have a look at
the changes done to the kernel code you'll admit that these are not a bug fixes
but real changes that should lead the kernel to a new version (may be even not
minor)

I don't argue I just agree with Anand that this is even worse than commercial
software company practice.

I would agree with you if new minor versions does not impact working stuff, but
this is NOT the case, ,so you are somehow WRONG!

sorry for that

regards