Hi Felipe,

> > What TI has offered so far is code, and the comments have been on this
> > code. You seem to want maintainers to understand that this is code
> > that works "today", but I don't think the code can be tested right now
> > since the tools (CE/Link) are not available out in the open.
>
> Err, I got confused about the CE/Link, I meant the xdctools... or
> whatever is needed to compile DSP nodes. AFAIK the DSP compiler is not
> enough.

Yes, today certain components (such as codec-engine, dspbios) do require the
xdctools. There are a couple components that don't (such as DSPLink) but these
will probably use xdctools in the future too.

Anyway, just in case you have not seen there is a TI DSP Wiki page now for all
things DSP and a lot of the tools/software are available through here. However,
not all is source. See below:

TI DSP Wiki
http://tiexpressdsp.com/

With regard to the xdctools, TI has kicked off an open-source project to for
these. Details can be found here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/RTSC

It may seem a bit messy right now (with bridge, link, etc), but hopefully all
of this will get straighten out as we progress.

Cheers
Jon