After some mods, I was able to get the wake-up from the keypad event.

However, these prints indicate that suspend may not have been successful:

  Freezing user space processes ... Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed
0.00 seconds) (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
done.
  Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... Freezing remaining freezable tasks ...
(elapsed 0.00 seconds) (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.done.

  Suspending console(s)
  Suspending console(s)

  -- <after key press> --

  Powerdomain (mpu_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 3
  Powerdomain (neon_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 0
  Powerdomain (per_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 0
  Could not enter target state in pm_suspend
  eth0: link down
  Restarting tasks ... Restarting tasks ... done.
  done.

Best regards,
Sanjeev