* Javier Martinez Canillas <jav...@dowhile0.org> [140422 16:03]:
> Hello Linus,
>
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Linus Walleij
> <linus.wall...@linaro.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas
> > <jav...@dowhile0.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I've revised the patch again and I couldn't find the reason why
> >> certain boards are failing to boot.
> >>
> >> I can't reproduce this issue since I only have a DM3730 IGEPv2 board
> >> which boots fine but I should have access to an AM3354 IGEP Aquila
> >> board which is similar to the am335x-evmsk so I may be able to debug
> >> it.
> >
> > It would really REALLY appreciate if some of the people maintaining
> > and using OMAP1 would help Javier out in this refactoring operation.
> >

> The board that is failing to boot with this patch-set is not an OMAP1
> based board but the Sitara AM335x Starter Kit
> (arch/arm/boot/dts/am335x-evmsk.dts).

This does not happen to have anything to do with the ti,no-reset-on-init
hack for &gpio0 on the am335x-evmsk.dts that's needed to keep DDR
powered? See the am43x thread for more info.

> Now, other boards using the same SoC like the Beagle Bone Black are
> booting correctly and also am335x-evm which is very similar to
> am335x-evmsk.dts.

Except for the gpio0 hack..

> Nishanth has access to this board and his helping now with the debugging.
>
> > I'd really *hate* to have to drop his patches because of a lack of
> > boards. This refactoring is necessary to handle the exploding
> > multitude of GPIO drivers moving forward.
> >

> Yeah, I'm doing my best to keep this driver up-to-date with the latest
> changes in gpiolib but it seems that is very hard to change the OMAP
> GPIO driver without breaking one of the gazillion TI platforms out
> there...
>
> > We even tried to get an Innovator to boot just to be able to refactor
> > OMAP stuff but fell short on some special JTAG reflash snag so
> > we are dependent on maintainers to help out here :-/

I got it to the point where some relatively recent u-boot was loading
fine over JTAG but the first stage did not boot properly from NOR for
some reason.

Regards,

Tony