based on automated testing with u-boot as a chained bootloader..

v3.18: boots fine:
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/v3.18/omap2plus_defconfig/n900.txt

v3.19-rc1: hung
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/v3.19-rc1/omap2plus_defconfig/n900.txt

in the interim, my farm had a bit of breakdown around the time of n900
breakdown..

as per my last functional linux-next logs:
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20141204/omap2plus_defconfig/n900.txt
-> hung.
https://github.com/nmenon/kernel-test-logs/blob/next-20141112/omap2plus_defconfig/n900.txt
-> working.

DEBUG_LL, CONFIG_DEBUG_OMAP3UART3=y and early_printk did not yield
information either

Note: I am using the combined uImage+dtb image.[2]

I think this might just be my setup..(i use chained loader ->
NOLO->u-boot->serial download->kernel) but anyways.. Since Pali
thought others might be interested in sharing experience...

[1]   http://slexy.org/raw/s2osxhhwbR
[2]
https://github.com/nmenon/linux-2.6-playground/commit/177f5f71b3f21ea484ee4b09a2e0c015de522417

Nishanth Menon