Hi,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 06:41:37PM -0500, Suman Anna wrote:
> We will gain a user from OMAP remoteproc driver as well (out of tree at
> the moment, but it does follow the DT phandle and
> omap_dm_timer_request_by_node semantics). I do not think ir-rx51.c is
> converted to DT, and also some of the API are alive just because of the
> continued OMAP3 legacy boot support. Guess, it is a just a question of
> not breaking existing API until we kill some of them.

Right, ir-rx51 has not yet been converted to DT. Additionally it
depends !ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM, since it requires <plat/dmtimer.h>.

I remember a patchset adding a omap-pwm driver using dmtimers. If
that was added to the kernel, ir-rx51 could probably be switched to
the PWM API + hrtimer API instead of depending on the dmtimer API.
At the end not much is gained, though, since then the PWM driver
would probably require the dmtimer API.

-- Sebastian