On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 13:05 +0200, ext Menon, Nishanth wrote:
> Phil,

Being an Englishman, I use various forms of irony more than others do;
that particular form's called "litotes". It indeed is not a suspicion -
I tried about 4 or 5 variations, none of which were both readable and
warning-free. In the end I decided that whatever was closest to the
original would be safest.

> >                                                     would \
> >                                                     lead \
> >                                                     to \
> >                                                     utterly \
> >                                                     unread- \
> >                                                     able \
> >                                                     code.
> >
> > If you check how and why the original TI-originated version of the code
> > does not follow the linux coding standards, the difficulties we would
> > have making a warning-free patch of it should be apparent.
>
> Past is past. The idea was not to introduce anymore warning code.

The TI code would trigger the following 4 warnings:
WARNING: suspect code indent for conditional statements (4, 12)
WARNING: line over 80 characters
WARNING: suspect code indent for conditional statements (4, 12)
WARNING: line over 80 characters
4 warnings isn't more than 4 warnings, it's no change - and as I mention
above, in the absence of an easy fix, that was deliberate.

Phil