Bill Gatliff wrote:
> I'm trying to build a kernel for beagleboard, using the defconfig found
> in 2.6.32-rc5 and the 2.6.32-rc5 source code.
>
> Said kernel hangs after the uncompressor, I'm just trying to figure out
> if this is a known issue or not.  The defconfig in the linux-omap tree
> does seem to work with the linux-omap source code, FWIW...

Short story:
I found that the omap OSK defconfig is broken in mainline also.

Long story:
I found that the defconfig in the mainline 2.6.32-rc1 kernel
didn't work on an OMAP OSK board.  Thinking there was some
problem in the code itself, I bisected from a known working
config on 2.6.29 all the way back up to 2.6.32-rc1.  When
I was done I was at the current code base, but with a .config
that had about 650 differences.

I haven't had time to go back and find the individual config
option that changed to break things.  I would need some kind
of "config bisect" to find this efficiently.

I didn't think to try the OSK defconfig in the omap tree.
(Silly me, might have saved me some grief. :-)

Is there a maintainer for individual defconfig files?
In other words, if I repair the OSK defconfig, who do
I send it to?

 -- Tim