On 02/17/2010 10:56 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:51:11AM -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:

Thanks.  I'd really like to understand how to set things up to generate
the data I see in TRM:
   Figure 21-11 shows an example with 24 bits data (MSB first) and 8 padding
bits at ?0?.

This matches my CODEC.  Any clues?

Does your CODEC actually need the padding bits to be zero?  What you're
describing sounds an awful lot like 32 bit data that just has the LSB
ignored.

I don't think it matters.  The real problem is how to get 24 bits
of data aligned to the right place in the 32 bit frame.  TRM implies
that the hardware can do this, I've just not figured out the magic...