Kevin,

While adapting some drivers to HWMOD way, I tried using pm_runtime APIs. My
understanding is that instead of using clock FW APIs or omap_device APIs, we
can make use of pm_runtime APIs.

But, I observed that pm_runtime_enable() does not enable the clocks (fck/ick).

To test this, I used origin/pm-wip/mmc branch.

In omap_hsmmc_probe() function, I tried printing the values of CM_FCLKEN1_CORE
and CM_ICLKEN1_CORE registers before and after pm_runtime_enable(). The values
indicated that both before and after pm_runtime_enable(), the MMC clocks (fclk
& iclk) are disabled.

Strangely, I do not find any crash while accessing MMC registers with mmc iclk
disabled.

If I use clock FW APIs to enable these clocks (after pm_runtime_enable()) and
print these values, I could see those clocks enabled properly and values
printed accordingly.

I observed similar behavior with Watchdog and found that access of some
watchdog registers end up in crash if I use pm_runtime APIs (as the wdt iclk is
not enabled while using pm_runtime_enable()), but works fine if I use clk FW
APIS to enable clks.

I am using origin/pm-wip/runtime branch with patches to adapt watchdog to HWMOD
FW on top of.

I use "omap3_defconfig" and test on 3430SDP.

On mmc branch I am working on top of the following commit:
commit fe64f0fab492651d7f9296b9d830f2c11844b546
Author: Kevin Hilman <khil...@deeprootsystems.com>
Date:   Wed Jan 20 09:48:52 2010 -0800

    OMAP2/3 MMC: initial conversion to runtime PM

Please clarify.

Thanks,
V Charulatha