On 6/23/2010 4:10 PM, Anders, David wrote:
Shouldn't this be a board-specific option, and not set for every
OMAP4-based config?

As I understand it, any of the omap4 devices that are using the Inventra need
to have at a minimum of the NOP USB Transceiver. Enabling the NOP transceiver
doesn't preclude the use of other external transceivers. The NOP USB
Transceiver will still need to be registered in the board-specific machine file
therefore doesn't impact a board that doesn't use it.

The OMAP4 TRM states:

"The high-speed USB OTG controller supports a single USB port, which uses the ULPI interface mode, to connect to an off-chip transceiver (12-pin/8-bit data SDR mode) and to connect on D+/D- (+ID) USB bus thanks to an embedded USB-HS OTG PHY."

So I read this as you can use either the on-chip PHY or an external PHY. Therefore, if you did opt to use an external PHY I am not sure I understand why the NOP transceiver I still needed. The OMAP4 an external configuration looks the same as OMAP3 to me...

Cheers
Jon