On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 09:19 +0200, ext Mike Rapoport wrote:
> Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> >
> > I tested 36-rc1 briefly with OMAP 3430SDP board. I wonder why that
> > works, but not N900...
>
> May it be that 3430SDP uses SRAM for the framebuffer? Or reserves framebuffer
> memory from the RAM that is not managed by the kernel, e.g with something like
> mem=<RAM size - fb size> vram=<fb size>,0x8...... ?

No, SRAM cannot be used on OMAP3s, as SRAM is too small to hold a
framebuffer. And no, I don't think it's reserving it from RAM not
managed by the kernel.

What is actually failing there? Looking at Ameya's original post, the
problem is in allocating the framebuffer. Your patch is doing something
_after_ the allocation has failed, so I don't see Ameya's problem having
anything to do with ioremap.

Ameya, you could try turning on the debugs in
drivers/video/omap2/vram.c, and checking what it says. Or see what is in
debugfs/vram file

 Tomi