[removed non-OMAP folks]

Vishwanath BS <vishwanath...@ti.com> writes:

> In current i2c core driver, pm_runtime_set_active call from
> i2c_device_pm_resume
> is not balanced by pm_runtime_set_suspended call from i2c_device_pm_suspend.
> pm_runtime_set_active called from resume path will increase the child_count of
> the device's parent. However, matching pm_runtime_set_suspended is not called
> in suspend routine because of which child_count of the device's parent
> is not balanced, preventing the parent device to idle.
> Issue has been fixed by adding pm_runtime_set_suspended call inside suspend
> reoutine which will make sure that child_counts are balanced.
> This fix has been tested on OMAP4430.

FYI... for OMAP folks.  Now that this is queued for upstream, it will be
included in my pm-backports branch[1] and included in the PM branch until
it gets merged upstream.

Thanks Vishwa/Partha for getting this merged upstream.

Kevin

[1] for a description of the various branches that make up the PM
branch, please see 'What makes up the PM branch' section of the OMAP PM
wiki:

    http://elinux.org/OMAP_Power_Management