Hello Sergei

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

> > Because drivers should arch independent and any tinkering of the
> > platform level registers will lead into pains later on that
> > I end up having to deal with.
>
> > To me it seem you just init to separate out the transceiver,
> > right?
>
>    We also have to install a hook to clear the MUSB level interrupt via the
> control register -- that's a thing that makes me dubious about not allowing
> drivers to access the control registers.

That's only true for the AM35xx "IP subsystem" devices.  It's not true for
any other device on that chip.  It is just due to the fact that the AM35xx
hardware designers chose not to follow the standard OMAP3430 hardware
design practice.  (Actually this standard practice goes back even further,
at least to the OMAP2420 days.)  The OMAP2430/34xx/36xx adaptation layer
for musb doesn't have to do these nasty SCM accesses.

As far as I know, every other device on the AM35xx outside the "IP
subsystem" places its interrupt status registers in the same IP subsystem
as the device that raises the interrupt.

- Paul