On Jan 12, 2011, at 9:58 AM, Steve Sakoman wrote:

> On the suggestion of Steve Kipisz of TI I tried increasing the value
> of dto in the set_data_timeout function of
> drivers/mmc/host/omap_hsmmc.c
>
> Hard coding dto to the max value of 14 appears to fix the timeout
> errors with ADATA brand cards.

On some products that use the Gumstix Overo, we found microSD card
failures during extended NAND read/write tests.

Again, the fix suggested by TI was to increase the dto timeout value to 14.

The issues were more apparently with cheap microSD cards, not necessarily
the faster class 4 variety.

Using a SanDisk class 2 works ok. I used a SanDisk class 4 for development.

The microSD card gets corrupted when running endurance tests, with failures
occurring with the microSD card in about 3 to 4 days of doing continuous
read-writes to the microSD card.

Elvis