>> > er, erratum, pardon me...
>>
>> Is an erratum present for this bug?
>>
>> Also, will you generate a patch for this to at least warn the user when
>> this situation occurs?
>
> Still waiting for a response to this.

Apologies for the delay

Could only find Phoenix TWL6030 - ProDB00107890 for this errata
This is not related to I2C module on OMAP4 so fixing in twl-core.c

I2C FS burst mode not functional
Glitch in the I2C Data line when the I2C controller does a Burst Read

Have tried to workaround by using single byte read for Phoenix ES1.0
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@vger.kernel.org/msg46054.html