Paul,

 [....]

> > Some more debugging by the Hardware team and analyzing
> > the register dumps showed that the I2C_WE register of the i2c
> > modules needs to be programmed correctly for i2c wakeups to
> > function as expected.
> > This turned out to be the root cause for the i2c issues observed
> > by clearing the staticdeps and a patch has been posted
> > to address this...
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=129924557219813&w=2
> >

> > > Also some more testing showed up a lockup in suspend on OMAP4
> > which I
> > > could narrow down to a similar case with GPT1. Either keeping
> the
> > > staticdep between MPU and L4_WKUP _or_ forcing GPT1 to use
> > software
> > > idle control seems to help.
> >
> > This however is still not rootcaused and is not the same as the
> > issue
> > seen with i2c as the WE for GPT1 is already programmed for
> enabling
> > wakeup.
> >
> > The one way to fix this for now is to put GPT1 block in software
> > controlled idle as was done by your test patch for i2c.
> >
> I tried all the floating patches for static dependency. It did
> worked when CPU RET was tried but with MPU OFF I see the hang.
>
> Below is the global hack I have which works as expected for
> all cases.

Thanks to Rajendra for isolating the OMAP4 MPU OFF issue
with static dependency series. The issue is isolated
to MPU <-> EMIF clock dependency.  There issue appears
if we clear this static dependency.

I have posted a patch to work-around this issue till its
being root-caused with help of hardware team so that
OMAP4 PM series continue to work.

'OMAP4: PM: Set static dependency between MPUSS and EMIF'
http://www.listware.net/201103/linux-omap/2628-patch-omap4-pm-set-static-d
ependency-between-mpuss-and-emif.html

Regards,
Santosh