Hi Sebastian,

(CC'ing Sakari Ailus)

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 17:15:24 Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the plan for the rx51 camera drivers from [0]? Is there a
> chance, that they get included in the mainline 3.2 or 3.3 kernel?

The ad5820 driver will probably be the simplest one to upstream. It should be
possible to push it to v3.3. Someone needs to look at the lens-related
controls and how they can be standardized (if at all).

The et8ek8 driver is a different story. I don't think it should get mainlined
in its current state. We need to get rid of the "camera firmware" support from
the driver first, and if possible implement the V4L2 API correctly without
relying on register lists.

Laurent Pinchart