Hi Viabhav,

On 3/29/2012 4:14, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 14:32:34, Nayak, Rajendra wrote:
On Thursday 29 March 2012 02:26 PM, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
The point I was trying to make here was, cpu_is_xxx() check will become ugly,
as more and more devices gets added to the list, am33xx being the first one
in omap34xx family.

So are there more, other than AM33xx which are cortex A8 based but
share the OMAP4 PRCM IP block?

I would say, probably yes.

But, things are so dynamic and you never know how things will shape up by
the time you freeze the design.

So this begs the question, why does AM33xx return true from cpu_is_omap34xx() is the architecture is based upon OMAP4 and not OMAP3?

I understand it is a Cortex-A8 versus Corex-A9, but if the architecture is closer to OMAP4, then should it not be classed as OMAP4 and not OMAP3?

Raises another question if we should really have arch_is_omapXXXX and not cpu_is_omapXXXX.

Cheers
Jon