On 4/25/2012 2:26 PM, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 17:08:43, Cousson, Benoit wrote:
On 4/25/2012 12:20 PM, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 14:10:49, Cousson, Benoit wrote:

<snip>

How would I know the rate of this clock in driver? Say for example, I want
to configure my internal divider based on input rate?
OR
I want to change the rate of dss_clk itself?
OR
Looking at debugfs, would I get the rate of dss_clk?

No because that clock will not exist anymore, but you will have the real
clock rate from the "dss_dss_clk".

Thanks Benoit, I think I understand your perspective on Module Vs leaf node
and now able to digest as well.
Probably Last Q, which I think clarify all my doubts,

Assume we have complete hwmod instance and built a device using
omap_device_build() api, and also the driver is completely using runtime pm
api's,
How can driver get the clk handle (required to get the rate)?
Is there any api already available for this?

The omap_device fmwk will auto-magically create a "fck" clkdev entry for the main_clk.

The API is thus the standard: clk_get(dev, "fck"), to get the clock handle and then you can use the other clock API.

The idea is to enforce the usage of clock alias local to the device and not trying anymore to get the real clock name. It thus allows driver to work on various variant / revision without having to modify the driver.

The fmwk will also create clock alias for any opt_clock present in the hwmod.

Regards,
Benoit