On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 11:27 +0300, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 17:44 +0530, Archit Taneja wrote:

> > This series prepares the low level DISPC driver(dispc.c) to configure
> > writeback
> > registers. The aim is to reuse most of the code as most of its registers are
> > like overlay or manager registers, and are configured in the same way in
> > most
> > cases. The first few patches rename dispc_ovl_* functions to dispc_plane_*
>
> I'm not sure if the renaming causes more confusion than clarity... It
> kinda creates a mishmash of ovl/plane names, and the term "plane"
> doesn't really sound like it's a base for both overlays and wb. Could we
> consider the wb as a special case, and keep the ovl name for most of the
> things and have "wb" used for wb specific things?

And while WB is a combination of overlays and ovl managers, do you think
it'd be difficult to consider WB as a special, extended overlay? So just
call it an overlay, and consider it as an overlay with special features,
at least inside dispc.c. We probably need to have it as a totally
different entity from user's point of view (i.e. the list of overlays
wouldn't return WB, etc).

 Tomi