>> good an idea.
>> to find a fix

>> an OMAP3 as a
>> u-boot silent
>> port. The only
>> in production
>> >>
>> > Perhaps adding config choice under "Kernel low-level
>> debugging port",
>> > to select the UART port to direct the early prints to, would help.
>> > Like some platforms already do. See DEBUG_CLPS711X_UART1/2 ,
>> > DEBUG_MSM_UART1/2/3 etc.
>>
>> On a second thought, I think we need a new config independent
>> of DEBUG_LL.
>> Something like what Samsung code does with symbol
>> S3C_LOWLEVEL_UART_PORT in arch/arm/plat-samsung/Kconfig
>
> In my case I need to be able to disable it completely.

The idea is to direct the output to some other (unused) UART port.

Also if one doesn't select DEBUG_LL, I wonder if it makes sense to
expect the "Uncompressing .... " message, which too is just dumping
raw data onto UART. So another option might be to simply use
CONFIG_DEBUG_LL instead of CONFIG_DEBUG_DECOMPRESS_KERNEL ?